1. I was born in California in 1973.
2. My husband, Mark, and I share a birthday, though he is 3 years older.
3. He was born in a very small town in West Africa, the same town my parents were sent as missionaries 2 years after his birth.
4. I attended a boarding school for missionary kids in West Africa.
5. Mark went there too; we have known each other since I was in 3rd grade.
6. Besides West Africa and California, I have also lived in Canada,
9. and Georgia.
10. I have a list in my head called "50 Places I Would Love to Live".
11. The top 3 on that list would probably be Italy; Australia; and [anywhere], Africa.
12. Connecticut is not on that list.
13. In September of 2010, we moved to Connecticut.
14. Thankfully, I like it here more than I ever thought I would.
15. Mark and I got married in 1995.
16. We have 4 children whom
17. we homeschool.
18. I can probably answer all of your general homeschooling questions in 6 points:
19. Yes, we enjoy homeschooling.
20. Oh, you could too do it too.
21. I often don't have that much patience either.
22. I don't know how long we will homeschool; we take it year by year. Sometimes day by day.
23. For sports, we have the kids participate in various leagues.
24. The kids are very socialized.
25. I, on the other hand, do not feel very socialized.
26. Sadly, most of my socialization these days is virtual a la Facebook, Blogger, and WordPress.
27. My major is in Secondary Education and English.
28. I taught in the public school system for 2 years.
29. I did not like teaching in the public school system.
30. So I moved into the business world where I worked until I started having babies and wanted to be home with them.
31. I still teach.
32. I have an online class called Write4Homeschool.
33. I was adopted by my parents when I was 4 days old.
34. I was adopted by the Lord Jesus Christ when I was 7 years old.
35. I love easily.
36. I laugh easily.
37. Since having children, I have learned about other things I do easily
38. like lose my temper.
39. I am working on being a more patient mother.
40 My weaknesses are chocolate,
42. and Starbucks, though
43. I don't like coffee, so I only indulge in their Shaken Green Iced Tea.
44. I enjoy writing
45. and photography.
46. I love to bake, but
47. I do not like to cook.
48. Even though it is not enjoyable, I wish I was a better cook.
49. I love animals.
50. When I was little, all I wanted was to become a vet.
51. If I had it to do all over again, I would have gone into counseling or
52. majored in history.
53. History fascinates me now that I see its value.
54. I am not a little kid person.
55. I have changed only 2 poopy diapers in my life that were not my kids' poopy diapers.
56. I love to read.
57. Even though I have a degree in English Education, I prefer contemporary novels over classic tales.
58. I have been bungee jumping.
59. I enjoyed it and would do it again.
60. Someday I would like to go skydiving
61. or hang gliding.
62. One of my pet peeves is seeing poor grammar or incorrect spelling on a menu, sign, bulletin, brochure, or the like.
63. I have done some freelance editing and proofreading.
64. One such job landed me a little writing gig.
65. My name is now on an obscure (and likely out-of-print) GRE and SAT Study Guide.
66. I am very particular about how my dishwasher is loaded.
67. I don't like to exercise unless I am playing a sport.
68. Volleyball is my favorite sport to play.
69. I was captain of my high school volleyball team.
70. I don't like shopping.
71. I'm not a sucker for jewelry
72. or shoes.
73. I am fashionably challenged
74. and I have no idea what to do with my hair most of the time.
75. I am very punctual.
76. I've always wanted to wait tables.
77. I enjoy scrapbooking,
78. and I am hopelessly behind on all of my babies' books.
79. I now prefer digital scrapbooking
80. but will have to finish up those non-virtual baby books someday because all of the babies arrived before I owned my first digital camera.
81. Someday I want to learn how to quilt
82. and play the drums
83. and guitar.
84. I play the piano. Sort of.
85. My parents made me take lessons. I learned a little bit in spite of the fact that I hated taking lessons.
86. Photography is my new hobby.
87. I am working to get better at it.
88. Blogging and photography are kind of my way of keeping my identity intact outside of diapers, naptimes, Legos, Barbies, Polly Pockets, Easy Bake ovens, blocks, and video games.
89. Although I'll always be a Mom, there has to be something of me left when they leave.
90. When it is just Mark and me, I want to travel.
91. I'd like to hit all of those places on that mental list of mine.
92. I have never experienced great tragedy.
93. I often wonder if the shoe will drop right around the corner.
94. I worry a lot.
95. I am slowly learning to completely trust in God,
96. to let go,
97. and let Him mold me and push me in the direction I should go for His purpose.
98. I realize I am completely, utterly, and so richly blessed;
99. I am married to my best friend and the love of my life,
100. and I have 4 beautiful, smart, fun-loving, compassionate children.